Ray of Bright

Monday, March 18, 2013

The King

No, I am not talking about the Lord...I am talking about George Strait. My siblings and I went to see him last night on his Cowboy Rides Away tour at the Houston Rodeo. To sum it up...it was simply amazing. He truly is the King of Country. We were talking on the way home and listening to the radio as they played song after song by George, and it's funny to think about how long he's been doing this for. He got a record deal in 1981 and played in the Houston Rodeo for the first time in 83 and has been doing it since then. He played so many hits last night, but we didn't hear so many songs that he could've  played. He just simply has too many hits! It would've lasted 5+ hours! He wrote a special song for his fans and sang it for us near the end of the concert, which of course brought tears to my eyes. It's crazy to think that he won't be playing live ever again. I hope he still makes music, but I wish more people would've had a chance to see him in the future. We're going to miss you, George!

No comments:

Post a Comment