Ray of Bright

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I need to blog more.

I realized I basically blog once a month about my Birchboxes...my bad. I just don't know what to blog about!! I will say today was a fun and hard day. It started off by a field trip with RHA pre-k class to the San Antonio zoo! It was fantastic because 1) it was overcast so it wasn't hot, and 2) the teachers didn't have any kids to tote around (besides their own kids)! We were lucky to have an overwhelming amount of parent volunteers so we stuck the extra kids with those parents. Score! So three hours of walking around at the zoo and this afternoon I went to the Body Combat and CX Works classes at the Y here in Hays. So tough. I am so wiped!! I hope I have the energy to get up in the morning and work out. Which, by the way, I have been doing for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I get up at 5 or 5:30 and go workout and then go to work! It's tough...but it's the only time I have to go, and I need to lose weight. I have also decided to go grain-free with Landon (although he kind of has to because of his autoimmune disease). But hopefully that will trim my waist along with exercising.

We had a pretty busy Memorial Day weekend. It started off in Marble Falls on Friday. Our friend Kevin proposed to his girlfriend Rachel on Saturday and we got together with them and all of our friends (plus about 30 other people!) at Kevin's family's lake house Saturday afternoon to celebrate that.  On Sunday we left pretty early to head to Harper to be with my family. It was fun and relaxing, but no animals were shot. I know, that sounds awful. But hogs are ruining the land and apparently we have nutria in our creek. Awesome. Landon shot one last weekend when we were there with friends and my brother saw another one in the creek but didn't have his gun with him at the time. So frustrating. Love the hill country but not some of the animals. Including scorpions, which we have now been finding in the cabin.

So anyways...that's my catch-up for the last few weeks. I forgot to take a picture of my Birchbox for May and I am too lazy to take one, so I'll just list the stuff I got.

-Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle. Basically just badass in a bottle. It protects your hair from heat, detangles, adds shine, minimizes frizz, and moisturizes.
-Supergoop! CC Cream. Oh my goodness. I will for SURE buy this. I have used a couple different BB creams and haven't found one I love but I have found it in this! I wear it some days without any foundation. It covers my skin that well. And it just blends into my skin and the color matches perfectly. Not to mention it has 35 SPF. Which I need.
-Folle de Joie eau de parfum. It smells pretty good. I just don't wear perfume that often and I have gotten a TON of samples.
-Weleda body lotion. I got 3 little packets that are perfect for my purse and I got the citrus scent which smells so yummy!!
-Soleil Oraganique Environmental Defense Sunscreen SPF 30 stick. I haven't had a chance to use this yet...I put it in my purse in case I need it on the go.

So there you have it. I will try to blog more. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment